November 14, 2009

a time of thanksgiving


I am going to attempt a discipline in the coming days... to post, as often as possible (I'd like to say "daily", but I am a realist and don't need the pressure) a statement or reflection or muse on gratitude for the rest of the month.

Gratitude - thanksgiving to the One who gives us life - is essential for happiness, isn't it? Certainly, for those of us who believe in the One.

Today, I am grateful for ...

crisp fuji apples
the gathering 'round my friends Andy and Melinda's kitchen table last night...
the hope of an interesting afternoon...
the fact that I currently receive a regular paycheck...
the change in weather and the cool, crisp days...
remembrance day... (here and here, for starters) even if it is a few days late

Okay, more tomorrow - if all goes according to plan...

No comments: