October 01, 2010

the Summer of twenty-ten (part I)


October already. Really? Wow. I am truly glad that the Summer of 2010 is over. I think that the events of the past few months will stay with me, literally, for the rest of my life. This past summer has felt abundant in life in all of its forms - sorrowful, joyful, stressful, suspense-filled, dread-filled, horrifying, rich in blessings and gratitude.

I've wanted to write about it. I did write a bit, about Aunt Alice, and about the campout and some hijinx. But because I feel that I have been either living moment-to-moment (in stress) or recovering (possibly hiding) from the stress, it has been impossible to write as much as I'd have liked. I think if I am ever going to process what has come to pass in the last few months, writing is what needs to happen. Bear with me; this will be in several chapters.

No comments: