May 01, 2009

Dear Martha,

I am kicking myself, learning that Martha (yes, THAT Martha) has held an Easter Creation contest and a flower photo contest this year. Because this is what I created last Easter:
click to view the full grandeur of the project

It's my Peeps topiary! It's 4 feet tall! I really think it beats at least a couple of Martha's prize winners...

peeps bunnies! peeps chicks! jelly bird eggs! bunny corn!

really cute ribbons! decopagé flowerpot!
(If I did it again, I'd probably make all of those bows face the same direction...)

the bunny corn base!
Everything was cemented onto styrofoam shapes, using royal icing. Which would make the whole thing edible - er, except for the styrofoam, of course.


Ah, well, Martha. Maybe next year. Live and learn!

P.S. It was a lot of fun!!!

No comments: