May 15, 2009

progress!


I took these photos two months ago, at the Half Moon Bay Nursery. Yeah, I know... I've been MIA from the blog for a while. But things are gonna change hereabouts, and real soon. I got my DSL package in the mail today. Between that and my cell phone (which was new last July), I've almost joined the 21st century. I still have a tape deck in my car, though. And no iPod. Don't wanna be rash about this stuff...

Once the freedom of the open internets fully sinks in, here's the plan:
  1. My .mac (or whatever they're calling it now) account will come back up. That's where my photo albums are kept, as those of you who've been around for a while know. There will be a LOT more photos from me when that happens, but probably by invitation only.
  2. I'll still have my facebook account, where photos of family parties, stuff like that will probably be kept.
  3. I'll be opening an ETSY shop to sell my images and note cards (I still have to find a way to protect my images...)
  4. Who knows?! The sky's the limit!
More later (but not too much later...)
peace,
KQ

4 comments:

Bertamom said...

Yay! About image protection -- lots of times, when I search the "inter-web-net-thing" for clip art, the graphics have something across them (like the name of the website or something) so you can't just click-and-drag and use them. You have to buy the clean copy. You do want to find a way to protect those images. Perhaps talk to somebody who's a graphics genius?

crickl's nest said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Very nice detail and color. Love love love them.

I would love to know how to protect images on the web too. So if you find out, let me know!

~KQ~ said...

Crickl - thanks! Looks like I have an assignment. Once I find out how to watermark, I'll report it here. (But I wouldn't hold your breath... this may take a while!)

Andrea said...

Nice photos! You and my daughter have a good eye for the same subjects. Flowers, birds, and insects are her interests.
I broke down and had my family get me an ipod nano for my birthday. For part of the gift, Jill put over 10 consecutive DAYS of music on it. Much of my collection is on it. I have bought speaker docks, an FM charger/player for the car, and I can play it at school. In the chaos of our move, it has been a comfort and joy to me. I hope you reconsider and get yourself one.