August 21, 2009

circle of life

I made this basket of flowers for a family a couple of Sundays ago. They requested all white flowers, and I do love the effect. Turns out, it was the family's way to announce the pregnancy of a young couple in our congregation. Much celebrating was made, and rightfully so. A bright light will be joining us soon.


This morning, a good man I know, terminally ill and filled with love and determination, took his own life. He was Father to my dear friend. I grieve his loss ~ and their loss. A bright light has left us.
Rest in peace, dear Deris. Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

It never ceases to make me pause, to wonder... joy and grief. Maybe in a greater way, from far away the lights that come and go are like the twinkling effect of stars. It must all be connected somehow.

Thank you for the encouragement and praise.