November 09, 2009

cheater!

I've been itchin' to cook lately. Usually I think I want to cook, buy the groceries, and then lose the initiative before I actually get to make the dish(es) I have in mind. Food wasted, produce dies... it's not pretty.

So (another sign of a healthier me) imagine my delight when I managed to put together TWO recipes on Saturday! Well... one of them was chocolate chip cookies, so maybe that doesn't count; except that I never bake just for me, so (again, and caloric content aside) yay me! The other dish was a variation of this one, and oh boy was it tasty! (Thank you, Smitten Kitchen!) Lots of leftovers... at least three day's worth of meals.

Tonight: well, I wasn't really in the mood for cooking at all, but then I read this on Pioneer Woman, and I suddenly really, really needed chicken enchiladas. So... I cheated. And it was really, really good.

Cheater's Chicken Enchiladas
Heat oven to 400ยบ. Place about a dozen frozen, ready to heat chicken taquitos in a shallow baking dish. Cover with canned green enchilada sauce (save the rest for another time - it freezes well in ziplock sandwich bags!) Sprinkle with shredded jack cheese - as much or as little as you like. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and a toasty brown on top. Serve with a little sour cream, chopped green onion, and a nice green salad.

Easy peasy cheater's dinner!

I have a cheater's jambalaya, too, but one culinary delight at a time... ;o)




No comments: