November 18, 2009

gratitude, day 4

(from Google images - isn't it gorgeous?!)

ah, gratitude: it must take practice; this is harder than I thought. I am committed, I think, to seeing this through and to be more consciously thankful on a regular basis. (did someone say "discipline"? whazzat?)

daily blogging is harder than I thought, too. there was to be a larger post today, something a little deeper, but it is late now and that will have to wait for another day. didn't actually make it by midnight, but here goes...

my parents have made it safely home again from their insanely brave, 9-week road trip.

tonight in a church meeting, I openly disagreed with a friend on an issue. all seemed well, but in the parking lot I expressed concern to her ~ there's not usually much dissent in these meetings. she was fine! welcomes the honesty, and returns it!

I (broke down and) had some delicious hot fudge tonight after the meeting.

and for these things, I am truly thankful.

No comments: