January 24, 2010

I [heart] Trader Joe's, chapter 97

Getting out of the car this afternoon after a marathon of church (choir rehearsal, worship service, congregational meeting, worship committee meeting - almost 5 hours!), I had a really good idea for a blog post.

By the time I was upstairs, it was forgotten.

I haven't forgotten you, little blog!

So instead of whatever brilliant insight I was going to write, let me tell you about my currently favorite salad. Looking at the bowl, I realize that almost everything is from Trader Joe's... which has been a theme here on occasion, no?

a big bowl of baby spinach leaves
grape tomatoes, cut in half
3-4 whole canned (not marinated) artichoke hearts, quartered
handful of pine nuts, toasted
a good hunk of feta cheese, crumbled (I used a lot of this, about an ounce [?] because it's been around a while and it needs to be eaten up, but it looks like even more in this photo!)
Newman's Own light vinaigrette (the only non-TJ ingredient here)

Relish with delight and in good conscience.

No comments: