December 04, 2008

yum yum

Sometimes it pays to have good raw materials in the fridge, and let me just say that I love Trader Joe's. Tonight I sliced up a shallot, and sauteéd that with some of TJ's frozen, chopped garlic (in those cute little cubes) in some olive oil and a little butter. Then I threw in about half a container of their fresh, sliced crimini mushrooms, cooked that down a bit, and added thyme, red pepper flakes and a lot of wine. Started the pappardelle (wide, long noodles, also from TJ's). Needed some green in the pan, so I grabbed the last of the Giant Bag O' Spinach from you-know-where, gave that a rough chop, and threw that in. Ah, perfect. Finally some medium, tail-on shrimp, cooked just until pink. Tossed in the pasta.

One big bowl. One fork. One happy KQ.

Now, on with the card making. Tomorrow's Friday - whee!

1 comment:

Bertamom said...

We are big fans of TJ's as well - L. has fallen madly, deeply for the Manderin Orange Chicken. Their prices on milk, butter, eggs, yogurt, etc. can't be beat, and I have their sticks and twigs (translate: high fiber cereal) every morning for breakfast. Your little saute sounds amazing -- esp. to someone like me, who really doesn't cook much at ALL.